Acast offers two types of sand casting process, the first is manual green sand casting this is suitable for smaller runs or larger castings the second is an automatic line sand casting used for large quantity orders, using this method gives great cost saving. Sand casting does not produce a surface finish as fine as investment casting but can be adjusted to suit the requirements. Sand casting is suitable for castings products ranging in weight from half a KG to tons.
- Least expensive and most widely used casting process
- flexible in shape, size, material and quantity
- Castings can be .5Kg up to several tons
- Can be used with most pourable metals and alloys
- Dimensional tolerance CT8-10