The Investment Casting process is a superior casting method for complex shapes or fine detailed castings, giving designers the flexibility to make superior products. Investment Casting can save money by eliminating costly and time-consuming machining operations and reducing product mass through better design. There is also the benefit of being able to cast any metal such as grey iron, sg iron, mild steel, high alloy steel, stainless steel and also none ferrous metals. Investment Casting offers great product repeatability and long tool life which also adds to its cost saving. A good surface finish is achievable with Investment Casting and can be suited to match its requirements.
Investment Casting Advantages:
- Exceptional quality
- Excellent repeatability
- High strength and durability
- Fewer assembly operations
- Thickness lowest up to 1.5 mm possible.
- Weight reduction
- Low tooling costs
- Reduced secondary machining
- Flexibility of design
- Precise dimensional control CT4-CT6
- Fine details like lettering and logo, slot and holes.
- Economical use of alloys
- Excellent surface finish 3.2-6.3 Ra
- Permanent tooling for immediate repeat orders
- Superior metallurgical properties